Witnesham Wasps 0 6 F&W U11 Whites

The U11 Whites returned to Grundisburgh having opened the league campaign there with a hard fought 2-2 draw back in September. The boys began the game very well, dominating possession and knocking the ball around well.

The match was being played out almost entirely in the hosts half, with the Seasiders carving out several good chances. They thought they’d broken the deadlock when a great strike from Henry was parried by the ‘keeper in to the path of Harley who tapped the ball home. Unfortunately the flag was up and the goal disallowed. It wasn’t long though until the boys were rewarded for their efforts; A good passing move saw the ball fall to Henry inside the box, who finished well in to the corner. Moments later the boys doubled their lead. Alex threaded the ball through to Ross on the right wing, who proceeded to cut inside and unleash a thunderbolt into the top corner.

This seemed to wake Witnesham up, with the hosts enjoying a good spell of possession and forcing a corner. Our defence held strong however, and on the stroke of half time another fine save from the home gloveman saw the ball fall to Ned, who smashed it home first time from the edge of the box.

The second half began much like the first, with the Whites well on top and continuing to create openings. It was soon 4, Henry burst down the right hand side, got to the byline and hit a cross low and hard in to the 6 yard box, with the ball ricocheting off the leg of a defender in to his own net.

Credit to the Wasps, their heads didn’t drop and they began to enjoy greater possession. They created a couple of good opportunities but Ishan was on hand to deal with any danger to the Whites goal.
With the contest entering the final quarter Felixstowe once again began to exert their dominance, cutting open their opponents on both wings. Henry made it 5 with one of his trademark runs though the opposition, finishing neatly to cap off a great solo goal. He was at it again just moments later, thumping an effort in to the back of the net from 12 yards to complete his hattrick. There were further chances for the boys with both Flynn and Harley going close before the referees drew proceedings to a close.

It was a superb performance from the boys today who once again worked tirelessly and as a team. Each player contributed to the game and it’s a credit to their hard work that they comfortably saw off a side they drew with just six weeks ago.

Man of the match was captain fantastic and hattrick hero Henry (pictured right with coach Dave Ablitt), who dominated the game throughout and never stopped running.

Really proud of the boys once again, let’s keep it going.